Thursday, May 15, 2008

Can't wait

As I'm at work, I can't help but to think of what I really wish to be, or what I really wish to do. In a way, it is like a blessing in disguise that I'm working at a school. For ONCE in my life, I think I finally know that I really want to go into teaching.

Just after getting my diploma, I was at a terrible fix, wondering what I should do next. Then I decided to go ahead with my Management Degree. Why? Because it seemed worth it. It seemed like the right thing to do as I had prior knowledge on management subjects. Because everyone else around me started taking up a business degree. Most importantly, because I badly wanted a degree.

I never really thought about the consequences of taking something up I never really liked and I never really wanted to do. I just wanted to be degree holder very badly. However, what is the point really, of doing something, or even studying something you don't like? I am not getting any younger. Furthermore, since everyone else around me seem to be having a degree, I decided to get one as well. But I thank god that I finally realised, that it is not the time, but it is really about pursuing something you really want to do.

I dropped my degree, and I was confused about the consequences. What if I don't get into teaching? What if I don't like teaching eventually? And I am still worried about the first question. But the second one, luckily for me, I get to see how teachers work in a school. I even got to take care of classes. I get to see how everything works in a school. Lastly, I got to know that this is what I would love to do.

Honestly, I will be broken if I don't get into teaching. But, I won't regret dropping my management degree. Simply because that is not what I want to do. I went for the bridging course and I just thought to myself..why the hell am I studying Econs again? That subject was the very reason why I couldn't get into NUS.

I have finally decided to pursue my dreams. I don't care how much older I am going to get, or what others think of me when they find out that my sister is a doctor and I am only a dipl0ma holder. But, I am going to do something I really want to do for the first time in my life. And hopefully, hopefully..one day I can tell the rest that they should not have followed the crowd and that they should have just taken up something they love.